Here are a few steps to making the best choice for both of you – together.
- Make sure she’s pregnant. Offer to go with her to the appointment.
- Learn about your options. She’s carrying the baby, but suddenly you are both parents. What does that mean?
- Listen to her thoughts & feelings. What excites her? What does she fear?
- Share your thoughts & feelings. If you aren’t sure how to start, say something like “when you told me your period was late, I felt ____, because ____. Now that I’ve had a little time to think about it, & hear what you are saying, I feel ____, because ____.” Consider talking with others who are close to you too.
- Let her know how important she is to you. Don’t pressure her about the pregnancy or check out. Instead, commit to exploring your options together and getting whatever help you need to make your relationship better than ever.
Process what pregnancy means for you & her. Contact us to talk with someone who understands.
YOUR NEXT STEP
12 S Lake Avenue
Avon Park, FL 33825
AVON PARK HOURS
225 E Royal Palm St
Lake Placid, FL 33852
LAKE PLACID HOURS
1119 US Hwy 27 S
Sebring, FL 33870
417 Carlton Street
Wauchula, FL 33873
PO Box 166
Avon Park, FL 33826
*Walk-ins are welcome. Make an appointment if you want to skip the wait!